How to Update a TriCaster® Not Connected to a Network
August 14, 2019 by Richard Evans, video; Chuck Baker, text
Keeping your TriCaster® system up to date with the latest software ensures you have all the latest features and stability enhancements. If the TriCaster is on a network with Internet access this is relatively easily done - open a browser on your TriCaster, download the files and install.
However, if the TriCaster does not have Internet access, then you will need to do the following:
- Acquire the update using a computer that has Internet access
- Put the update files on portable media, such as a USB thumb drive or removable hard drive
- Take the portable media to the TriCaster and copy the update files to a local drive
NewTek video producer Richard Evans takes us through the steps required to do this successfully, providing a number of tips along the way.
A key best practice to note: place the update files on one of your media drives, not on the C drive, and keep them after installing them. This covers these situations:
- You may need to restore your TriCaster to the manufacturer default software installation; if so, the C drive will be overwritten and any update files stored there would be lost. If they are on the media drive, you can use them to update again to current software after such a restore.
- You may install a new update and find that it has problems on your TriCaster. If so, if you have retained previous updates on your media drive, you can re-install the previous version to return your TriCaster to proper operation.
Where to get updates for your NewTek products: NewTek Downloads and Documentation
We hope this video is helpful for you in using your NewTek TriCaster. If you have suggestions for other topics you would like covered in a Facebook Live or Tip Jar Tutorial, please send us a message. We will see you next time.
NewTek システムと NDI を使用したライブプロダクション・ワークフローについて専門家のアドバイスを得るか、または当社のソリューション・エキスパートがお手伝いします。