How to Remap Your Control Surface Buttons
August 25, 2019 by Richard Evans, video; Chuck Baker, text
The control surfaces for NewTek production systems offer a good default arrangement of the control buttons for the many functions available. However, they also allow for users to customize the arrangement if something else might work better for them. In this video tutorial, NewTek video producer Richard Evans demonstrates with the TriCaster® TC1 and TC1 Long Panel Control Surface just how you can go about customizing.
1) TriCaster TC1 includes an Add-ons button on the main startup menu. Click on Add-ons, and select “NewTek Control Surfaces” from the list.
2) The Control Surfaces panel will open, and displays two tabs; Surfaces, which will list any attached control surfaces, and; Mappings. Click on Mappings.
3) The Mappings tab has a list of surface types, and our demonstrator selects TC1L for TC1 Long Panel.
4) A drop down below has the buttons listed by number, and next to each number is an abbreviation for the assigned function. Richard scrolls the listing to find the functions he wishes to relocate at their current buttons.
5) Richard drags the M/E1 button assignment above the GFX1 button number that he wishes to assign the M/E1 function to. The function is reassigned to the target button, and all other functions are relocated appropriately.
6) Richard relocates 3 of the M/Es to ahead of the two graphics buttons (he also inadvertently moves GFX2 ahead of GFX1, but we’ll pretend we didn’t see that).
Richard goes back into the TriCaster project, and confirms the change is active.
He also notes that once you have changed the button mapping in software, you can then use a flat tip screwdriver to gently pry up the button caps themselves and rearrange them as well, to correctly show the new button mapping on the control surface.
We hope this video has been helpful for you. If you have suggestions for other topics you would like covered in a Facebook Live or 2-Minute Tutorial, please send us a message. We will see you next time.
Learn more about:
NewTek システムと NDI を使用したライブプロダクション・ワークフローについて専門家のアドバイスを得るか、または当社のソリューション・エキスパートがお手伝いします。