NDI® SDK バージョン 3.8 が発売
December 20, 2018 by Dr. Andrew Cross
As 2018 draws to a close, NewTek are truly gratified by the progress NDI® has made in the last 12 months. Thousands of applications and millions of people are now using NDI. Now, hardware products from many prominent vendors support NDI; you’ll find it almost everywhere - from the smallest productions to the highest-end installations, from TV studios to ‘the cloud’.
We appreciate the extremely warm reception NDI has been given; in return, we want to present you with a holiday gift. We are happy to announce that version 3.8 of the NDI SDK is available for download. Hundreds of changes and major improvements in this new version are intended to help NDI perform better, and solve some real-world challenges users have reported. (We ask that you use and update shipping products to this version of the SDK.)
Some of the most significant changes are:
- Performance improvements across the board, both on Windows and the cross-platform libraries.
- The NDI Tools suite includes many improvements: Scan Converter now supports high frame-rate screen capture for game capture; likewise Studio Monitor has been updated to support high frame-rate playback; Virtual Input has separate signed drivers for Windows 10 and previous versions, allowing it to correctly run on all Windows versions.
- The Mac and Linux versions of NDI have noticeable performance improvements, and now support almost all of the same options as the Windows versions.
- Major focus on the optimization of NDI discovery. Hundreds of sources on a network with hundreds of receivers coming and going at any time, running entirely without centralized servers, make discovery and notification complex. The new version introduces dramatic performance improvements in the way all of this is handled.
- Extended sample code, examples, better routing, and much more.
- (Shhhh. Some secret things have been put in place ahead of time, in preparation for new capabilities to be revealed later in NDI v4.)
Of course, there is much more, and all the major changes are listed at the end of the NDI SDK documentation. This release includes a new SDK, new NDI tools, new NDI®-HX drivers and new redistributables for all platforms. Everything should compile and be compatible back to the first versions of NDI.
The use of the NDI SDK is subject to the license agreement, it’s important that you review and agree to it before you get started. Follow these links to the appropriate SDK and license agreement.
- Download Windows NDI SDK (includes support for the SDK on all OSs)
- Download Apple OSs NDI SDK
- Download Linux NDI SDK
- Download Embedded NDI SDK (beta)
- NDI® license agreement
As is always the case, please let us know if you see any problems, and of course we love to hear suggestions and to learn what you are working on! If you would like to see some great examples of NDI in use, check out these user stories:
And please - have restful holidays and a happy new year. While this year was big, knowing what is coming up, you can expect 2019 to be even more exciting.
Andrew Cross President and CTO, NewTek
What NDI is: NewTek’s NDI is a royalty free IP technology for bi-directional transport of video, audio and data over standard networks. NDI is now the most widely adopted standard for IP-based video production with integration into thousands of products in the hands of millions of users.
Windows SDK Install Note: The Windows NDI SDK installation will offer the option to install the NDI v3.8 Tools Pack, a set of free utilities for IP-based production. The SDK installation also requires a restart of the system after completing, and may initiate it automatically even if you have elected to start the Tools Pack install. Just cancel the restart, and let the Tools Pack install complete, then restart your system.
NewTek システムと NDI を使用したライブプロダクション・ワークフローについて専門家のアドバイスを得るか、または当社のソリューション・エキスパートがお手伝いします。